Monday, June 27, 2011

Drums & Bugles: Missing only mom and apple pie.

Img_2102

We attended the Moonlight Classic drum and bugle corps competition at the University of the Pacific in Stockton last night: 13 competitors, probably 2,000+ participants from around the country: Renegades, Vanguard, The Cadets, the Blue Devils. Pictured here is The Phantom Regiment, Rockford IL, the third-place finisher and my personal favorite. Discipline, precision, musical chops and theatrical showmanship.

My only experience in a marching band was at the Anchorage Fur Rendezvous Parade, which is held in February. (I played football and so couldn’t march during halftimes, the band’s main venue). I remember trombone players putting anti-freeze on their slides. I kid you not.

Posted via email from edge & flow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/*