Thursday, June 29, 2006

Getting to know you

In California, the three Bees have long referred to one another as "cousins," as in "I wonder if one of the cousins is going to cover this?" It's always seemed like a useful, friendly construct to me.

Well, we've all got a lot more cousins now. I thought it might be fun to share a few images here to help us identify with and understand one another better.

Pictured here is a woman working in the finance office at the Anchorage Daily News, a place where I worked more or less from high school until middle-age. This was taken a month or so ago, I am told. Moose are common visitors there, although more likely in winter, when deep snow in the mountains forces them to look for something to eat in your rose garden.

You have anything to share?
– Howard Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/*