Saturday, July 08, 2006

Editor uses phrase 'value proposition'

Well, I can't believe it, but I actually did use the term "value proposition" in my little essay for Poynter about the future of news. And then they put it in the headline, no less.

Well, I apologize. In my defense, the essay was written in about an hour (they assigned us all that task at the conclusion of a recent seminar; other essays from that session – David Zeeck, Byron Calame, Wes Turner, Peter Bathia and more – are available here). And I did put the phrase in quotation marks, which kind of shows that I knew better.

But I wrote it, no denying that. I can only image the reaction I would have inspired from Jim McClatchy, who famously objected to anybody calling a newspaper a "product."

Nonetheless, I believe everything I said. You'll undoubtedly be hearing me same this and similar things again and again. I think it's important.
– Howard Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/*